From the time we meet you to the delivery of your furniture we pride ourselves on the provision of seamless professional service.
To do this it takes a good relationship between us the supplier and you the purchaser to ensure this outcome is successful.
Clear open communication and understanding of rights and responsibilities is essential. Polite and constructive feedback is also valued.
Please do :
- Ask questions and seek the clarification needed before you place your order
- Provide all the relevant information needed at the time it is required
- Review your order in detail and advise of any amendments needed
- Read the Terms and Conditions provided with your order
- Sign and return all required documentation on time
- Provide quality and constructive polite feedback as it is needed
Amendments to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately. Last edited June 2015.
How do I place an order with Acorn Ergonomics?
- You can place an order with Acorn Ergonomics via the phone, email or in person.
- You will be provided with a quote acceptance to review, sign and return to Acorn Ergonomics.
- Your quote acceptance requires you sign that you have read the attached Terms and Conditions.
- It is your responsibility to check and ensure that the details on your quote are correct and to return to Acorn Ergonomics fully completed within advised timeframes to ensure that you goods are ordered and reserved for you.
Can I modify or cancel my order?
- No cancellations or modification of orders can occur after your order has been approved by Acorn Ergonomics.
How long will my goods take to reach me?
- Moll furniture is designed and manufactured in Germany and shipped as per order to the Australian wholesaler in Victoria at designated times of the year.
- Goods may take around 6- 10 weeks to arrive and can be subject to further delays from circumstances outside of Acorn Ergonomics control, such as, but not limed to shipping delays, customs inspections and local freight delays.
- Your order is released to you from Acorn Ergonomics or delivered when all of your goods have been collated to your order.
- Any items that are unavailable due to a change in stock availability will be placed on back order. Acorn Ergonomics will endeavour to fulfil your backorder as soon as possible and will notify you of estimated delivery times as they become available.
- Your account will be charged for the entire order, so that Acorn Ergonomics can reserve the product and price for you. If this is not acceptable, you may cancel that portion of the order, and request an immediate credit.
What is the Shipping Policy?
- Your total cost for purchase of goods includes shipping and handling charges shown on the Acorn Ergonomics invoice.
- Please note that you are responsible for all courier/ freight charges for missed deliveries, re-deliveries and for the provision of incorrect delivery details/ times.
What about Risk of Loss?
- Acorn Ergonomics will arrange via various wholesalers for shipment and delivery of ordered goods to you the Customer.
- For freight delivery from Acorn Ergonomics in QLD to locations within Australia, Acorn Ergonomics chooses national carriers that provide insurance cover. It is recommend that you pay for freight insurance when your goods are transported from Acorn Ergonomics to you. When your goods need to be delivered to you from Acorn Ergonomics by a freight company, you will be offered the option to purchase freight insurance.
- Warranty on of your goods is covered by the manufacturer from the point of international dispatch.
- Acorn Ergonomics will advise you the Customer of estimated shipping dates, but Acorn Ergonomics will, under no circumstances, be responsible for delays in delivery, and associated damages, due to events beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God or public enemy, acts of federal, state or local government, fire, floods, civil disobedience, strikes, lockouts, and freight embargoes.
How do I pay?
An order is not binding upon Acorn Ergonomics until it is accepted and approved by Acorn Ergonomics. Acorn Ergonomics must receive full payment by you the Customer, before it will accept, approve and process an order. Payment for product(s) ordered is due prior to shipment & back orders (pre-order).
All prices and charges are shown in Australian dollars (AUD).
All prices and charges are inclusive of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) for those products and services that attract GST.
What ways can I pay?
Acorn Ergonomics only accept payments made by;
- Direct Deposit transfer only
- Credit Card Payment
Acorn Ergonomics reserves the right to charge Credit Card Fees of :
- 2% Credit Card Bank Transaction Fee on VISA and MasterCard
- 6% on American Express
*Please note all Direct Deposit orders will be cancelled where payment funds have not been received by Acorn Ergonomics in 3 business days.
Will Acorn Ergonomics verify my card details?
Yes, As part of our verification process we will utilise various procedures to ensure ultimate protection to you, the Credit Card holder.
These processes may include but not limited to verbal verification via phone or a request for photo identification including valid Driver Licence, Utilities bill or the copy of the credit card.
Please note: Acorn Ergonomics reports all attempted credit card fraud immediately to Australian Federal Police (www.afp.gov.au)
Warranties and Returns: Terms and Conditions.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For further information please contact the ACCC on 1300 302502. www. http://www.accc.gov.au/
When can I seek a return process on goods?
You can seek a Warranty/ Return process with Acorn Ergonomics when a Major or Minor Failure occurs.
A major failure with goods is when:
- Has a problem that would have stopped a person from buying it if they had known about the problem.
- The goods are significantly different from the description, sample or demonstration model shown.
- The goods are substantially unfit for their normal purpose and cannot easily be rectified, within a reasonable time.
- The goods are substantially unfit for a purpose that was advised by yourself and cannot easily be rectified within a reasonable time.
- The goods are deemed unsafe/ faulty.
When a major failure on a good occurs you are entitled to reject the goods and seek one of the following:
Replacement of rejected goods with another identical good or good of similar value if reasonably available. If such a replacement is not reasonably available, the consumer may choose a repair or refund.
Return of costs incurred to you for the initial purchase of the goods, excluding the delivery/ freight costs initially incurred.
You will be refunded the same way you paid. If you paid via:
- Credit card/ Direct Bank Transfer : Your refund will be credited into the same account your payment came from.
Refund Process Time
Credits to your account may take up to 5 business days after processing your refund depending on your financial institution.
Should you have any enquiries regarding your pending refund please contact Acorn Ergonomics
- Loss of Value
You can choose to keep the goods and seek compensation for the loss in value due to the problem.
When am I not entitled to a remedy on a Major Failure?
You are not entitled to a remedy on a Major Failure, when Acorn Ergonomics does not meet one of the consumer guarantees due to something:
- Someone else said or did (excluding the supplier’s agents or employees), or
- Beyond human control that happened after the goods or services were supplied.
What about Consequential Compensation?
You are also entitled to: –
- Seek consequential compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage incurred by the major failure of the supplied goods.
When am I not able to reject goods?
You cannot reject goods when:
- The goods have been thrown away, destroyed, lost or damaged through no fault of Acorn Ergonomics, after delivery to you.
- The goods have been attached to other property and cannot be removed without damage.
- Too much time has passed.
The right to reject the goods runs from the date of supply to you, until the fault or problem would reasonably be expected to appear.
This depends on:
- The type of goods.
- How you are likely to use the goods.
- The length of time the goods could reasonably be used, and:-
- The amount of use the goods could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the problem or fault became apparent.
If you have lost the right to reject the goods, you still have the right to keep the goods and ask for compensation for any drop in the goods’ value.
What happens when a minor failure of the goods occurs?
If a failure of goods is not major and can be repaired within a reasonable time, you cannot reject the goods and demand a refund.
Ask Acorn Ergonomics to fix the problem within a reasonable amount of time. Replacement goods and parts are subject to import and shipping times.
Acorn Ergonomics reserves the right to choose to:
- Provide a refund.
- Replace the goods.
- Repair the goods.
When Acorn Ergonomics chooses to supply parts to you the customer so the goods can be fixed it takes no responsibility for the fitting of the replaced part unless mutually agreed by yourself and Acorn Ergonomics.
- When parts are to be fitted by you, the instructions enclosed with the part need to be adhered to.
- Please contact Acorn Ergonomics immediately if you require assistance with understanding the instructions and how to fit the part.
- Please contact Acorn Ergonomics immediately if you anticipate that you are unable to safety and adequately fit the part. In this situation Acorn Ergonomics reserves the right to determine the most appropriate course of action to be taken.
- Acorn Ergonomics reserves the right to have a representative fit the part for you or if this is not viable to request the return of the goods for repair, refund or replacement.
Can Acorn Ergonomics reject my return, a refund, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim?
Acorn Ergonomics reserves the right to reject a return, a refund, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim if you:
- Changed your mind about the goods.
- Do not like the goods.
- Purchased the wrong goods.
- Purchased an unsuitable gift.
- Have changed circumstances and no longer want the goods.
- Found the goods at a cheaper or better price elsewhere.
- Damaged the goods after purchase by making / applying any alterations, adjustments, fittings, fixtures.
- Damaged the goods by not appropriately following the manufacturers user instructions.
- Caused a fault in the products by not using it as per manufacturers instructions.
- Damaged the goods by not appropriately following the manufacturers care instructions.
- Damaged the goods in circumstances beyond Acorn Ergonomics control.
- Have no acceptable proof of purchase, i.e. Tax Invoice or Receipt of purchase as defined by Acorn Ergonomics.
- Do not provide acceptable proof of purchase in a manner acceptable to Acorn Ergonomics.
Do fees apply if I lawfully cancel or modify my order?
- In the event where circumstances do arise that are lawfully agreed by Acorn Ergonomics to commence the cancellation of an order that is instigated by you the customer, a refund will be made to you by Acorn Ergonomics for the amount you have paid, less a minimum restocking fee of 25% of the purchase price.
- A restocking fee of 50% of the purchase price applies in cases where an item is purchased/ordered as a special order.
- Acceptances of such returns are at the sole discretion of Acorn Ergonomics and any dispute will be taken to the ACCC for dispute mediation and resolution.
What are acceptable forms of Proof of Purchase?
It is acceptable for Acorn Ergonomics to request more than one form of Proof Of Purchase when further information about the purchase is required to fully substantiate it’s validity. Original copy of proof of purchase is required by Acorn Ergonomics.
- A confirmation or receipt number provided for a telephone or internet transaction.
- A credit card statement.
- A warranty card showing the supplier’s or manufacturer’s details and the date or amount of the purchase.
- A serial or production number linked with the purchase on the supplier’s or manufacturer’s database.
In addition to the rights and remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law you may also be entitled to benefits under the terms of any additional manufacturer’s warranty. The manufacturer’s warranty (if it applies to your product) does not in any way affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law
What do I need to do if I intend to reject the goods supplied to me?
- Stop using the goods immediately and protect them from any possible damage.
- Photograph the goods in question and issue / fault with the goods if possible.
- Advise Acorn Ergonomics within 24 hours of your intent to reject the supplied goods.
To contact Acorn Ergonomics:
Po. Box 55
Sherwood QLD 4075
- Advise Acorn Ergonomics why you are intending to reject the supplied goods.
- Complete the Acorn Ergonomics Return of Goods form supplied when you contact us.
What do I do when my request to reject goods is approved by Acorn Ergonomics?
- Return the goods to Acorn Ergonomics at your expense within 7 days unless it is agreed by Acorn Ergonomics that due to agreed significant costs is it is unreasonable to do so and why.
- Pack the goods in the supplied packing in the same manner it was sent to you. Contact Acorn Ergonomics if you are unsure of how to pack your goods appropriately.
- Acorn Ergonomics recommend that after appropriate packing, you insure and track the send the goods in the event of loss or damage occurring in transit, for which you are responsible.
- You may personally return goods to Acorn Ergonomics with prior arrangement. If the goods cannot be packed as they were supplied assembled to you, you are still responsible for the goods in transit and need to take all reasonable steps to ensure they are returned to Acorn Ergonomics undamaged in any manner.
- We will email you updates throughout the returns process.
- Returns may take 2-7 business days to reach us. Once received, your request will be processed within 3-5 business days. For refunds, please note that your financial institution may need an extra 3-5 business days to clear the funds back into your account.
- Please note that if you are planning to return your item personally, your request for refund will be processed in the same manner as any other return.
Waiver of Liability by Acorn Ergonomics
- Acorn Ergonomics reserves the right to determine if goods have not been packaged appropriately and have incurred damage in transit.
- Acorn Ergonomics do not take responsibility for any goods damaged or lost in transit when the customer sends the product back. The manufacturer’s warranty may be void if the product is damaged in transit.
- Acorn Ergonomics reserves the right to pursue via appropriate channels loss due to damages.
Where do I send goods for a Return to base manufacturer’s warranty claim?
- You are required to send the unit back to the authorized service centre with proof of purchase and a detailed fault description. Acorn Ergonomics recommends customers to contact us to obtain further information on the warranty procedures.
What process do I follow for a manufacturer Direct Warranty Claim?
- Please contact the manufacturer for expert technical support and warranty assistance, to lodge warranty claims and organise pickup or delivery.
- Acorn Ergonomics does not provide pickup services on behalf of the manufacturer/3rd party service centres.
- Please read manufacturer’s warranty cards/manuals for additional information regarding support and warranty.
Product Information Policy
Our website is updated frequently to ensure that you’ll view the latest products and correct pricing available, and that you receive all of the latest savings. At the time you make a purchase you agree to the listed price. The listed price is subject to change.
Acorn Ergonomics reserves the right to make changes and corrections in prices, products and specifications without notice due to errors arising from misprints, technical and human errors.
Product Images and other Images
All product images on Acorn Ergonomics website may vary from the actual product. All typographical errors are subject to correction. Please note that images are only to be used as a point of reference and are not indicative, in any way, of the actual product.
Product Descriptions and Specifications
Please be assured that Acorn Ergonomics make every effort to ensure product description accuracy, however specifications, features, documents and graphics published may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If an error is made or a product is listed at an incorrect price, Acorn Ergonomics will endeavour to correct the error as soon as possible.
Should you receive an order which does not match the online product description please contact Acorn Ergonomics.
Please note that product availability is subject to change at any time. Acorn Ergonomics will endeavour to fulfil your order as soon as possible and will notify you or update your item status with ETAs where possible.
Competition and Consumer Act
Nothing in this document excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, statutory guarantee, right or remedy, implied or imposed by common law, statute or regulation which cannot be lawfully excluded, restricted or modified, which may include the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and corresponding provisions and relevant laws containing implied terms and/or statutory guarantees which operate to protect the purchasers of goods and services in various circumstances.
Further information about the Australian Consumer Law
The ACCC can be contacted on 1300 302502 or www. http://www.accc.gov.au/